||In a society that stresses individual achievement - where you pull yourself up by your bootstraps - Legal Aid helps those without boots. By providing access to justice to thousands of Riverside residents each year, Legal Aid staff and volunteers bring equity and stability to society.
|-- paraphrasing Wilhelm Joseph, Director of the Legal Aid Bureau in Maryland
Donate to Riverside Legal Aid (RLA)
Those who have the greatest need for legal services have the greatest strikes against them. And, at a time when funding for legal services is dwindling, that need is increasing.
Riverside Legal Aid is a nonprofit corporation and is identified as a 501(c)3 entity by the IRS. It is funded through grants and donations. You can help make justice more accessible to those most in need by donating to RLA. You can donate by credit/debit card or bank draft through PayPal.
RLA is a recipient of:
- IOLTA and Equal Access funds awarded by the State Bar of California
- Attorney Admissions Funds awarded by the United States District Court for the Central District of California (Joint Bankruptcy & Federal Pro Se Self-Help Clinic)
- Grant funds awarded by the American College of Bankruptcy & American College of Bankruptcy Foundation (Coachella Valley Services)
- Grant funds awarded by the Weingart Foundation
- Private donations
How Your Donation Helps
- As little as $5 or $10 will go towards helping a victim of elder abuse evict an abuser from their home or get a restraining order
- $150 will help one victim of domestic violence obtain a restraining order so that a family can live in safety without the fear of violence
- $225 will help a client obtain a guardianship so a child can live in a stable home
- $500 will help pay for a family law clinic assisting 5 to 7 clients obtain divorces, support or custody
Riverside Legal Aid is a non-profit 501c(3) corporation. Donations are welcomed. IRS Tax ID 95-3739865.